I Got Hurt On An Offshore Oil Rig  
What Kind Of Lawyer Do I Need?

Offshore-Oil-RigIf you got hurt on a jackup rig, tension-leg platform or semi-submersible rig then you need a oil rig accident lawyer that handles “Jones Act” cases. These are special type of personal injury lawyers that handle maritime injury cases. Hugh Howerton is one of America’s top AV rated offshore oil rig accident lawyers.

You may have the right to sue your employer if they were at fault or negligent for your injury. Generally you have to work at least at least 30% of your total employment time on the rig to qualify for protection under the “Jones Act”. Jones act cases

If the oil platform was permanently fixed to the ocean floor then the “Jones Act” does not apply in your case and you will need to find a lawyer that handles claims under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act.

For a FREE legal consult about your case call 877.984.9848

What Should I do If I Get Hurt

1. Immediately report the accident to a supervisor. Insurance companies don’t like it when the injury is not reported as soon as possible. Don’t mess up your claim by not reporting it.

2. Write A Statement – Many times your employer will require or ask you to write a statement. You will need to explain how the company was at fault for your accident. Only write the statement when your mind is clear and you’re not doped up on pain pills.

3. Seek medical attention right away. Your employer is required to give you medical care even if that means flying out a helicopter to take you to a hospital on land.

Write a comment:


Your email address will not be published.

Website by nightideas.ca

Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com is licensed by creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/