Houston Burn Injury Lawyer
Experienced Legal Representation For Burn Victims
A burn injury attorney is a personal injury lawyer who specializes in legal cases involving burn injuries caused by negligence or product defect.
For a confidential and free consultation call 713.984.9848.
If your loved one was burned by the negligence of another person or corporation they deserve justice and they need help.
In this time of crisis there are many things to consider. Please carefully choose your attorney. The choice can make a big difference.
Burn Injury Facts
According to the Centers for Disease Control and prevention here are the facts:
- On average in the United States in 2010, someone died in a fire every 169 minutes, and someone was injured every 30 minutes
- About 85% of all U.S. fire deaths in 2009 occurred in homes (Karter 2011).
- In 2010, fire departments responded to 384,000 home fires in the United States, which claimed the lives of 2,640 people (not including firefighters) and injured another 13,350, not including firefighters
- Fire and burn injuries represent 1% of the incidence of injuries and 2% of the total costs of injuries, or $7.5 billion each year Males account for $4.8 billion (64%) of the total costs of fire/burn injuries.
- Hospitalized fire and burn injuries total $1 billion, or 1% of the total cost of all hospitalized injuries.
Contact Hugh Howerton
For a free consultation call 713.984.9848