Houston Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Hurt in a bicycle accident not your fault? Here is what to do….
Were you hurt in a bicycle accident caused by another driver? For 30 years Board-certified personal injury lawyer Hugh Howerton has helped people hurt in accidents. An accident lawyer is a personal injury lawyer who represents victims in claims and lawsuits against the other driver and their insurance company.
Do not expect the insurance company to be fair. Do not go it alone. There is experienced legal help for you.
Voted TOP 100 Texas trial lawyers Hugh Howerton can help you get compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other types of compensation.
For a free consultation call 713.984.9848
Bicycle Accident Facts
According to the U.S. Dept. of Transportation 726 people were killed in 2012 in bicycle/car accidents. The estimated number of people injured on bicycles the same year was 49,000. The increase in accidents from 2001-2011: 8.9%. The total cost of bicycle injury and death is over $4 billion per year.
Why Choose Hugh As Your Lawyer?
Voted TOP 100 Texas trial lawyers
30 years experience
Board-Certified in Personal Injury Trial Lawyer
Free consultation and you only pay Hugh after he wins your case by settlement or verdict
Hugh has never lost a bicycle accident case
What To Do After A Bicycle Accident
- Call the Police. You want the police to make an accident report showing the other driver was at fault for the crash. Most insurance companies use the police report to determine whether they are going to pay or deny your claim.
- Photograph the scene of the accident and placement of vehicles, if possible. Pictures or video are great pieces of evidence in your claim. If possible, take pictures of the vehicles, the damage to the vehicle and the place where the crash happened.
- Get contact information of all witnesses. If there is ever a dispute over who was at fault being able to provide independent eye-witness testimony proving you were right and the other driver was at fault is critical to winning your case. If possible have the witnesses stay on the scene until the police arrives so the witness information is shown on the police report.
- Get other driver’s name, address, telephone number, insurance company name and policy number. You need all this information so you can locate the person who caused the accident and be able to verify with their insurance company that they had auto insurance at the time of the crash.
- Seek immediate medical attention and tell the doctor about each and every injury and each body part that hurts. For your health, you need to seek immediate attention if you were hurt after an accident. Your medical records are also evidence that you were hurt and that the bicycle crash caused your injuries.
- Preserve your bicycle and do not attempt to fix it until photographs of the bicycle have been taken. It is critical to show and document with photographs the exact damage to your bicycle and where on the bicycle the damage happened. Please take these pictures and given them to your lawyer.
Contact An Experienced Attorney
For a FREE consultation about your accident and how we can help you call 713.984.9848