Houston Drunk Driver Accident Attorney
Were you hurt in Houston Houston car accident involving a drunk driver? Hugh Howerton specializes in personal injury car accident cases caused by intoxicated drivers. This is a special type of personal injury lawyer who specializes in vehicle accidents involving drunk drivers. They can represent you in claims against insurance companies and in lawsuits against the driver.
If you were hurt by an intoxicated driver don’t rely on the insurance company to be fair. Did you know you may be entitled to receive additional compensation because you were hurt by one of these drivers. These are called punitive damages.
What Is Legally Too Drunk To Drive
Driving while intoxicated (DWI) means driving drunk, Your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) will be determined by the state if whether you’re too intoxicated to operate any type of automobile.
Texas BAC limits:
- 21 years old or older: 0.08%
- Commercial drivers: 0.04%
- Any detectable amount for anyone under the age of 21.
Texas Drunk Driving Facts
- Texas is second in the nation only behind Alaska in the percentage of accidents that are alcohol related.
- Last year, 1323 people in Texas were killed in intoxicated driving accidents
- An average intoxicated driver has driven drunk at least 80 times before their first arrest
- There were 15,687 alcohol crash related injuries
What Damages Can Get From The Insurance Company ?
Under Texas law you may be entitled to receive compensation for the following damages
- Medical bills, both past and future
- Loss wages and loss of earning capacity
- Pain Suffering, Mental Anguish, Physical Disfigurement and Physical Impairment
- Car repaired or replaced if totaled
- Extra punitive damages because the at fault driver was intoxicated