Houston Burn Injury Lawyer
Hugh Howerton is a personal injury lawyer who specializes in burn injury cases resulting from electrical shock, fire, industrial accidents, residential and commercial fires.
If your loved one was burned by the negligence of another person or corporation they deserve justice and they need help.
Burn Injury Facts
According to the Centers for Disease Control and prevention here are the facts:
- On average in the United States in 2010, someone died in a fire every 169 minutes, and someone was injured every 30 minutes
- About 85% of all U.S. fire deaths in 2009 occurred in homes (Karter 2011).
- In 2010, fire departments responded to 384,000 home fires in the United States, which claimed the lives of 2,640 people (not including firefighters) and injured another 13,350, not including firefighters
- Fire and burn injuries represent 1% of the incidence of injuries and 2% of the total costs of injuries, or $7.5 billion each year Males account for $4.8 billion (64%) of the total costs of fire/burn injuries.
- Hospitalized fire and burn injuries total $1 billion, or 1% of the total cost of all hospitalized injuries.