Award Winning Trial Lawyer
According to the U.S. Dept. of Transportation 726 people were killed in 2012 in bicycle/car accidents. The estimated number of people injured on bicycles the same year was 49,000. The increase in accidents from 2001-2011: 8.9%. The total cost of bicycle injury and death is over $4 billion per year.
What To Do After
- Call the Police
- Tell the police officer exactly how the crash happened.
- Photograph the scene of the accident and placement of vehicles, if possible
- Get contact information of all witnesses
- Get other driver’s name, address, telephone number, insurance company name and policy number
- Seek immediate medical attention and tell the doctor about each and every injury and each body part that hurts
- Preserve your bicycle and do not attempt to fix it until photographs of the bicycle have been taken.